Are you still wasting your valuable time trying to figure out what Google wants? Forget it. The search giant will constantly change its algorithms and release new updates. Start writing for humans. The following SEO copywriting tips will help you entice your customers while optimizing for robots.
Gone are the days when internet marketers were desperately trying to abide by Google’s ranking factors. The latest Panda and Penguin updates have made it really hard to keep track of what works and what doesn’t. Are your current SEO optimization efforts helping you rank higher, or are they harming you?
To stop guessing whether past strategies still work today like they used to back in the “good old days”, it’s wise to focus your resources on concrete SEO copywriting tips that will help you rank in search this year.
Essential SEO copywriting tips for 2014
The team at ContentVerve.com have created a handy infographic which outlines 13 tips to help you optimize your content and improve your “natural” ranking.
1. Write for humans, optimize for robots.
2. Forget about keyword density – once and for all.
3. Use related keywords, synonyms and grammatical variations.
4. Write long, in-depth quality content.
5. Take advantage of long-tail keywords.
6. Answer your prospects’ questions.
7. Get your content noticed and shared.
8. Get down with Google Plus.
9. Title tags and snippets are still king.
10. Avoid keyword stuffing.
11. Don’t over optimize your link text.
12. Remember the alt text in your images.
13. Use Google Suggest, Übersuggest.com and Google Trends to get inspiration.
What about your SEO strategy?
How do you cope with all these algorithm changes and updates?
Do you focus exclusively on SEO, or do you entice your customers with quality content without leaving SEO totally out of the game?
What else would you add to the list of SEO copywriting tips mentioned above?