Selling is a skill that you can learn. It is an essential skill if you want to build a successful business. It is a MUST if you want to have a team of highly motivated and inspired people that will help you reach your goals and objectives.
Believe it or not, we are all in sales. If you run a business or have a job, you’re in sales. If you’re married, you’re in sales. If you have kids you’re big time in sales.
Instead of running away from sales and constantly associating the word “sales” with something negative, focus on what it is that you can achieve with this amazing skill. Start investing in your sales and relationship building skills.
To motivate and inspire you to push forward I decided to share the following sales tidbits with you.
25 Inspirational & Motivational Sales Quotes
The following powerful words of wisdom come from some of the most influential minds in sales and business.
1. “Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, ‘Make me feel important.’ Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.” ~ Mary Kay Ash
2. “I have always said that everyone is in sales. Maybe you don’t hold the title of salesperson, but if the business you are in requires you to deal with people, you, my friend, are in sales.” ~ Zig Ziglar
3. “You don’t close a sale, you open a relationship if you want to build a long-term, successful enterprise.”~ Patricia Fripp
4. “Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman, not the attitude of the prospect.” ~ William Clement Stone
5. “To me, job titles don’t matter. Everyone is in sales. It’s the only way we stay in business.” ~ Harvey Mackay
6. “Value the relationship more than making your quota.” ~ Jeffrey Gitomer
7. “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.” ~ Zig Ziglar
8. “If eighty percent of your sales come from twenty percent of all of your items, just carry those twenty percent.” ~ Henry A. Kissinger
9. “The top salesperson in the organization probably missed more sales than 90% of the sales people on the team, but they also made more calls than the others made.” ~ Zig Ziglar
10. “Everything that works in sales has been done already. Just keep track of the crap that you buy, or the awesome stuff that you buy, and decide what was the trigger, and then just sell to people like you. It’s really that easy – and that’s what I do.” ~ Tim Ferriss
11. “In sales, a referral is the key to the door of resistance.” ~ Bo Bennett
12. “Don’t sell life insurance. Sell what life insurance can do.”~ Ben Feldman
13. “Selling to people who actually want to hear from you is more effective than interrupting strangers who don’t.”~ Seth Godin
14. “Most people think ‘selling’ is the same as ‘talking’. But the most effective salespeople know that listening is the most important part of their job.”~ Roy Bartell
15. “Sales success comes after you stretch yourself past your limits on a daily basis.”~ Omar Periu
16. “If you work just for money, you’ll never make it. But if you love what you are doing, and always out the customer first, success will be yours.”~ Ray Kroc
17. “I like to think of sales as the ability to gracefully persuade, not manipulate, a person or persons into a win-win situation.”~ Bo Bennett
18. “People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.” ~ Zig Ziglar
19. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” ~ Richard Branson
20. “I have never worked a day in my life without selling. If I believe in something, I sell it, and I sell it hard.” ~ Estée Lauder
21. “Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity.”~ Karl Marx
22. “Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” – Zig Ziglar
23. “If it doesn’t sell, it isn’t creative.” ~ David Ogilvy
24. “The man who will use his skill and constructive imagination to see how much he can give for a dollar, instead of how little he can give for a dollar, is bound to succeed.” ~ Henry Ford
25. “In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.” ~ Nikos Kazantzakis
What’s your favorite quote?
Do you know of any other good motivational sales quotes?