Facebook is the go-to platform for social advertising. The powerful targeting options allow you to reach a highly relevant audience; people who are most likely to engage with your post, download your freebie and/ or purchase your product.
Are you looking to trigger an emotional response, inspire consumers to click and get results from your Facebook ads?
Knowing how to create effective ads that get results isn’t easy. If it were, we’d have a heck of a lot more advertisers on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Co., don’t you think?
From organic to paid, here are top five Facebook marketing hacks and tips for you and your social media team.
Put These Facebook Marketing Hacks to Work for You
1. Run Facebook Ads Without a CTA Button
This might be a shocker for some people…
After all, Facebook provides us with a rich variety of CTA buttons, so why not use them?
I’m not suggesting you stop using the CTA buttons for good. What I’m saying is test your ads against those without a CTA button. Keep your copy. Keep the same imagery. Simply remove the button.
Here’s a screenshot from one of my latest podcasting ads targeted towards the German speaking audience…
All my Facebook ads that have no CTA button are outperforming those with a CTA button.
What if this applies to your ads too?
Test it out.
You’ve got nothing to lose; and the upside could be very rewarding.
2. BLC: Build a Facebook Funnel that Converts
BLC stands for Blog – Lead Ads – Conversion.
This Facebook funnel has the following three layers:
- LAYER #1: Drive traffic to your blog using the combined power of organic and paid reach. You do this by setting up Facebook ads with the objective “clicks to website”. Your main goal here is to build your Website Custom Audience (WCA).
- LAYER #2: Run Lead Ads targeting your WCA and Lookalike Audience (based on WCA and / or your Facebook fans). The main goal in this second stage is to increase your list. Obviously, you want to attract the most relevant audience.
- LAYER #3: Convert prospects into customers. You do this by creating a powerful autoresponder aka follow-up email series. On top of that, you create Facebook ads with the objective “Website Conversions” and you put your offers in front of those most likely to buy – for example your email list.
Obviously, there are a lot of Facebook funnels to choose from. The above funnel is effective and it’s not too intrusive.
Remember, we’re advertising on a social platform!
This is a proven system that works. Give it a go.
3. Use Tools to Sync Facebook Lead Ads Contacts
If you run Facebook lead ads you’ll reach a point where you will look forward to having a tool that syncs your new contacts in real time with your CRM / Autoresponder.
Fortunately, there is help available to integrate and speed up the process.
There are two tools that I recommend you take a look at: Driftrock Lead Response and LeadsBridge.
The first one is more appropriate for agencies with medium to large contract workload. The second tool, LeadsBridge is a perfect fit for smaller businesses who work with CRM providers and Email marketing services such as aWeber, Mailchimp, GetResponse, HubSpot, Salesforce, Infusionsoft etc.
4. Deliver the Right Content to the Right Audience With Audience Optimization
Facebook’s Audience Optimization is a fairly new feature. It was rolled out worldwide a couple of weeks ago after a successful launch in the U.S.
It consists of three parts and they are:
- Preferred Audience: This helps you prioritize your organic posts by using interest tags. Don’t worry as these tags will not limit the posts reach.
- Audience Restrictions: This feature helps you limit the visibility of your content based on age, gender, location and languages.
- Audience Insights: Find out how your audience interacts with your post. BTW, this has nothing to do with the most powerful analytical tool Facebook Audience Insights.
On a side note, your post needs to reach at least 100 people for you to be able to analyze interactions.
5. Compare Audiences to Find Commonalities Between Them
Audience Overlap is another great feature that Facebook released a few weeks ago. It allows you to compare and find the percentage of overlap between your Saved Audiences, Custom Audiences and Lookalike Audiences.
Have you ever had the awkward feeling that you’re targeting more or less the same folks?
No more guessing around.
Instead of creating two separate ad sets that basically target the same people, you can now deploy Facebook Audience Overlap and determine the percentage of overlap between these audiences beforehand. Indeed, a very useful feature for all Facebook marketers.
Wrapping It Up
There is more to Facebook than posting, sharing and liking. Facebook is a complex social media platform, a modern ecosystem that enables individuals, brands and businesses of all sizes to leverage their efforts and increase their impact.
Implement the above mentioned Facebook marketing hacks to maximize your outcomes from the world’s most powerful social network. You can use Facebook to literally hand-pick your ideal prospects and serve those who matter most to you.
When you have a reliable and efficient Facebook system in place, you will consistently get results.
What Facebook marketing hacks do you use to improve your results and increase ROI?