How would you feel if you’d have an arsenal of deadly online marketing weapons that gives you a competitive edge in the market and a better chance for profitability? Would you like to boost your Google branding without overspending your marketing budget?
If you have read Jay Conrad Levinson’s Guerilla Marketing book, you already know that there are more than 200 marketing weapons at your disposal. Some of them are paid but most weapons are free. It’s the lethal combination of smart and creative marketing weapons that allows you to leapfrog the competition, and ensure you stay ahead of the pack.
Whether you’re a startup or a small business on a tight marketing budget, you’ll find the following free online marketing weapons very useful. These weapons and strategies are applicable to all industries regardless of size or complexity. Those embracing these marketing strategies report exciting results.
Five Deadly Online Marketing Weapons
Here are 5 online marketing weapons you can use right away to boost brand visibility, increase profits and move past your competition.
1. Podcasting. This is one of the most powerful online tools for developing leads and customers, increasing brand awareness, expanding your reach, and building a community of loyal fans. If you haven’t already added podcasting to your list of online marketing weapons, you should consider doing it fast.
The word is out about podcasting. Back in July 2012, Apple announced that the iTunes Store eclipsed 1 BILLION (with a *B*) podcast subscriptions. Now, that’s a huge audience willing to listen and more importantly, willing to subscribe to your show.
We started our “Strength In Business“ podcast show back in April 2012, and since we have built a solid community of nearly 50,000 subscribers. Listen in and check it out for yourself…
2. Email Marketing. You certainly heard the saying “the money is in the list”. Well, it’s true — if you compile the list yourself. No matter how many lists you rent or purchase (which I don’t advise you do!), your own list of prospects, past and present customers is the most powerful one. Use this list to establish a warm and trusting relationship with your most loyal audience.
Follow up consistently and effectively. Send out a weekly newsletter packed with valuable information to improve your subscribers’ lives. Engage your list by sending out surveys and asking for feedback. And certainly don’t forget to offer and promote your products & services to those who already like and trust you, and are most willing to purchase from you.
3. Blogging. This is a fantastic online marketing weapon to not only share the latest topics from your industry but also to engage with your visitors, and build a network while getting the word out.
“The richest people in the world build networks. Everyone else looks for work.”
– Robert Kiyosaki
If you want to gain influence on the web and position yourself as a trusted expert in your field, blogging is definitely a great way to achieve just that.
4. Webinars. A webinar is basically an interactive seminar conducted over the web. Contrary to a webcast, a webinar offers a great opportunity for the presenter to get immediate feedback from its audience. Most webinar hosts conduct Q&A sessions at the end of the presentation thus allowing attendees to gain deeper insights and receive in-depth information.
Benefits of Webinars
- Convenient, time and cost-effective — No travel costs involved.
- Interactive — Allows you to ask questions and receive instant feedback.
- Media bonanza — You can use text, voice and visuals in your online presentation.
- Reach a wide audience — Technology allows you to have thousands of people attend the webinar.
- Generate sales — You can promote your products and services on the webinar, and generate sales while still talking.
5. Affiliate Marketing. Joint ventures aka strategic alliances are a killer marketing weapon both in the online and offline world. The key to making affiliate marketing work is to find the right partners.
“Experts today estimate that you have an 80% chance of success in a joint venture
if you have the right partner and the right people.”
– Jay Conrad Levinson, The Father of Guerilla Marketing
I always advise my clients to have their own product and service portfolio, but also to add the RIGHT affiliate programs to their marketing package. If you want to increase market reach and generate high revenues in a shorter period of time, you need to include joint venture partnerships into your overall marketing strategy and approach. You should never underestimate the power of your affiliate partners.
What about you?
What other online marketing weapons would you add to this list?
Is there a particular weapon that has generated tremendous awareness and financial success for your business?