Social media stats & facts in 2013 – What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? OK, ok, ok, the second or third thing? Most people reply with “Well, I check Facebook” or if you’re a small business owner your answer might sound something like “I check my emails and Facebook”.
Facebook changed everything – the way we communicate, engage and more importantly how we consume and interact on several different devices at the same time.
In 2013 Facebook has more than 1 billion users, Twitter is preparing to go public, LinkedIn split the online & offline community by allowing 13-year-olds to sign up, and the list goes on and on.
Social media marketing is changing at a fast pace and we are moving from “Freebie-land” to “Pay-land”. Look what’s happening with your audience on Facebook. If you want a significant number of your audience to pay attention Facebook encourages you to promote. Does the mantra “See your ad here” sound familiar?
7 Social media stats at a glance
You don’t have time to go through the entire infographic? No problem.
Here are 7 easy to remember and ready to tweet social media stats:
1. 23% of Facebook users check their account more than 5 times a day.
2. 60% of Twitter users access it from mobile
3. Google+ is male dominated: over 67% male users
4. Over 3 million LinkedIn company pages
5. More than 16 billion photos were uploaded to Instagram
6. Pinterest is female dominated: more than 69% of users are female
7. YouTube has over 1 billion unique monthly visitors
Social Media Stats 2013 Infographic
This infographic from Visual.ly presents 52 eye-opening social media stats and facts.
What’s your biggest take away?
What number amazed you most? What are your favorite social media stats? Looking forward to your feedback in the comments below.