Does your website marketing plan focus on content marketing? Content creation should definitely be a key ingredient of your online roadmap. In case you left content marketing out I highly recommend you revise your plan and embed it. Why is this important?
Econsultancy and Adobe report the following key digital trends for 2013:
“The year of content – creating, optimising and marketing content. (…) Great content, spread through social channels and consumed anywhere.”
A few more stats to underpin the importance of generating valuable content on a consistent basis.
According to the 2013 B2C Content Marketing Research published by Joe Pulizzis’s Content Marketing Institute:
- 86% of B2C marketers are using content marketing
- 91% of the B2B marketers are using content marketing
- B2C marketers use on average 12 tactics achieve their goals
The 6 most powerful & popular tactics used by B2C marketers include:
- 84% Social Media
- 84% Articles posted on your website
- 78% Newsletters
- 70% Videos
- 69% Blogs
- 63% In-person events
Were these facts and stats powerful enough to make a shift in your perspective so that you can see the crucial importance of embedding content marketing into your website marketing plan?
Your next question might go something like this:
How can I come up with new and refreshing content so frequently?
Here’s one way to generate content. Checkout the video….
Boost Your Website Marketing Plan
How To Do Content Marketing With Storify
Other ways to generate could be for instance:
* Decide upon the topics you would like to write about and position yourself accordingly.
* Create monthly content goals.
* Focus on your target audience, engage on social networks and share your thoughts.
* Use FAQs and treat them as separate topics.
* Monitor what is working and what is less effective; keep the good stuff.
* Leverage your strengths!
Now it’s all up to you. Like any other game in business, it all comes down to being consistent, professional and always delivering valuable insights.
What content strategies will you use to pimp up your website marketing plan?