Welcome to the August edition of our Best Book of the Month series. The book we picked for this month is Anthony Robbins’ bestseller “Awaken the Giant Within”.
Anthony Robbins is an international motivational speaker and self-help author. His work was featured in major media from all around the world including Forbes, CNN, Fortune, Time, NBC News, SUCCESS magazine etc.
Tony Robbins began his career learning from top motivational speakers including Jim Rohn who became his personal mentor.
Tony calls himself the ‘WHY’ guy. He wants to know ‘why you do what you do’. What is your motive for action? What is it that drives you in your life today?
“I believe that the invisible force of internal drive activator is the most important thing in the world.” – Tony Robbins
Best Book of the Month August 2013
Why should you read “Awaken the Giant Within”?
- Discover the 2 main forces that shape our lives: PAIN and PLEASURE. Everything we do in life is either to avoid pain or out of our desire to gain pleasure.
- Learn about the importance of your belief systems. Robbins shows you how to strengthen your empowering beliefs and eliminate the disempowering one because “it’s not the events of our lives that shape us, but our beliefs as to what those events mean”.
- Understand the 4 basic ways in which people deal with emotion and analyze the 10 action signals in order to reap the benefits and ultimately master your emotions.
- Unleash your full potential in life by figuring out what your personal compass is telling you on a daily basis: your values in life. Values guide our decisions and ultimately our destiny.
- The book ends with a 7 day challenge that will help you take control over your life.
“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” ~ Anthony Robbins
I highly recommend this book because it focuses on you personally. It gives you a better understanding as to why you do certain things in life and why you are today where you are. The book gives you instructions as to how you can change your mindset, belief system and values in order to achieve happiness and long lasting success.
‘Awaken the Giant Within’ has loads of exercises and examples that will make you dig deep and uncover truths you might consciously not be aware of.
What was your biggest wake-up call when you first read this book? Feel free to share your thoughts about our best book of the month?