Welcome to the July edition of our Best Book of the Month series. The book we picked for this month is Dan Kennedy’s “The Ultimate Marketing Plan”.
When it comes to helping entrepreneurs and small business owners to grow their businesses with killer marketing strategies, Dan Kennedy is definitely the One.
Dan Kennedy has a profound business and marketing experience of more than 30 years. His proven marketing system has helped business owners attract more ideal customers, have them spend more on each visit by communicating the right message and thus increasing brand awareness.
Dan’s Ultimate Marketing Plan is not a “university textbook” but rather a book based on “grounded real-life experience and repetitive success”. The focus is on the so called Marketing Triangle and the 3 components of it:
“Marketing is getting the RIGHT message to the RIGHT people via the RIGHT media and methods – effectively, efficiently, and profitably.” – Dan Kennedy
While most businesses focus on promotions and advertising – the MEDIA part of the triangle – and often ignore the other two components, it is crucial to understand this entire process. The businesses that implement these principles in their daily endeavors are the ones who attract the right clientele and increase their profits massively.
Here’s a great lesson from Dan Kennedy himself about focusing on the RIGHT people. “WHO is buying matters more than anything!”. Video length: 3:32 min.
Best book of the month – July 2013
Why should you read “The Ultimate Marketing Plan”?
- You will learn how to gain serious competitive advantage by defining a terrific Unique Selling Proposition (USP). Find out why it’s important to have a USP and how other companies used this marketing fundamental to build an empire.
- This book will help you define your right message and be clearly understood. There’s nothing worse in marketing than having a message nobody gets.
- Why customer excellence is vital and how you can make your customers’ feel important, appreciated, and respected.
- The importance of statistical evidence and testimonials. Find out why numbers are persuasive and how you can use stats to demonstrate something meaningful.
- What you need to know about online marketing in order to use this media efficiently and profitably.
- Lots of valuable examples and best practices you can instantly implement too.
I highly recommend this book first and foremost because it’s fact based. If you are interested in understanding how marketing works and what triggers people to buy than this is a book you need to posses.
Just by reading the book you’ll come up with loads of marketing ideas you can implement right away. Other insights will get you thinking and improving or even changing your current marketing strategy.
Are you wasting your weaponry aiming at the wrong targets? Share your thoughts about our best book of the month?