Welcome to the February edition of our Best Book of the Month series. The book we picked for this month is Les Brown’s bestseller entitled “Live Your Dreams”.
Les Brown is one of the world’s most renowned motivational speakers and authors. He is a former member of the Ohio House of Representatives, radio DJ and host of The Les Brown Show. Les Brown is a highly-sought-after mentor in business for corporations, small business owners and non-profit organizations looking to take their companies to the next level. With his famous catch phrase “You have greatness within you”, Les Brown manages to touch the soul of every living soul on this planet.
“Live Your Dreams” is Les Brown’s personal formula for happiness, success and fulfillment in 10 chapters. At the end of this astonishing book you will find an ‘Action Planner’ to help you focus your thoughts and energy upon achieving your goals and dreams.
If you have lost your confidence and power to fight for your dreams, this book might be a great wake-up call. Loads of powerful messages are waiting for you, like the one below:
“We may not always be able to control what is put in our path, but we can always control what we are…and what we will become.”
Before I share my personal thoughts on February’s best book of the month and highlight the benefits of reading “Live Your Dreams”, let’s listen to the following video with Les Brown talking about the greatness that lies within each of us. Find your purpose, live your dreams and NEVER give up.
Best Book of the Month – Les Brown
How To Live Your Dreams
Three of my favorite quotes from ‘Live Your Dreams’
#1: “You don’t get in life what you want. You get in life what you are.”
#2: “Everyone is born unique but most of die copies. Learn who you are and work on bringing your true self out.”
#3: “When life knocks you down, you should always try to land on your back – because if you can look up, you can get up!”
Why should you read this book?
- First of all, because it will wake you up. And if you’re already awake – which I definitely hope you are – it will FIRE you up. This book will help you see life in a new perspective. It will give you tips on how to get rid of your ‘negative programming’ and face life boldly. Life is amazing when you face it boldly.
- Second, you’ll find out how Les Brown faced adversity in his life and overcame loads of challenges. His success story is a living inspiration for all of us. You will discover what it takes to be successful and live life blissfully.
- Third, you’ll understand the importance of living life with a positive ATTITUDE. You’ll also find out how to turn negative energy into powerful action steps towards achieving your goals. Because “good things happen to good people”. Here’s a paragraph from the book I definitely wanted to share with you.
Author Charles Swindoll, writing on the subject of attitude, says it is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company… a church… a home. The remarkable thing is, you have a choice every day regarding the attitude you will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past… we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude… I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it. And so it is with you. …
- Fourth, the book is packed with amazing stories and examples showcasing people who overcame difficult situations and now live a tremendous happy and successful life. Great lessons right there for everybody being sick and tired of being sick and tired :).
- Fifth, at the end of the book you have an ACTION PLANNER where you can write down your own goals and dreams. The author guides you through the whole template by asking questions to help you get to your core and provide answers that are truthful to who you really are and what you really want.
I highly recommend this book because it focuses on turning your dreams into reality. It gives you a better understanding of your true self — especially if you complete the Action Planner — and highlights the importance of fighting for what you want in life. You have greatness within you!
If you have the opportunity to attend one of Les Brown’s speaking events I definitely urge you to go, take notes ferociously and more importantly, open your heart to this amazing and inspiring leader.
Please feel free to share your thoughts on our best book of the month.