“Once you learn the art of promotion and copywriting, you can have a business fail but the skillset of promotion and copywriting can move beyond that particular business.” – Heather Ann Havenwood
Dying, transitioning, evolving… Words that are often used to describe the current state of email marketing. A controversial topic as so many gurus, specialists and experts have proclaimed the death of email marketing.
In spite of all the buzz, how can we deploy this marketing vehicle to attract more of the right clients? This is what Krisz Rokk and serial entrepreneur Heather Havenwood talk about in this podcast interview.
Heather Heavenwood is a serial entrepreneur, author, podcast host and marketing coach. She is the CEO of Havenwood Worldwide LLC and Chief Sexy Boss.
Heather is regarded as a top authority on internet marketing. To prove that she’s the real deal, in 2006 she started, developed and grew an online information marketing publishing company from zero to over $1 million in sales in less than 12 months.
In the Interview
01:40 – What were your top 3 success ingredients to achieving $1 million in sales in less than 12 months?
06:01 – We sometimes promote other people vs. ourselves
08:00 – The skillset of promotion
09:16 – How important is copywriting for email marketing?
13:15 – What happens when you get an email from [email protected]… ?
14:28 – What NOT to do in email marketing
15:46 – The fluffy looking big images
19:31 – A confused mind will never buy
22:08 – The current state of email marketing
24:23 – The future of mobile marketing and SMS marketing
26:15 – How Donald Trump uses SMS marketing
27:49 – Classified ads
30:20 – Two powerful stats
Key Takeaways about Email Marketing and Beyond
- How do you get your customer or your avatar customer as fast as possible? How can you find them as fast as possible? We did that through JV Marketing.
- People still learn better when they’re Face-to-Face.
- The number one lesson you just forgot: you forgot to cover yourself legally.
- Copywriting is everything. Copywriting is THE skillset.
- Email nowadays is like entertainment; personal entertainment.
- Human behavior hasn’t changed. The technology has changed but how we purchase and how we think hasn’t necessarily evolved.
- In the email is the relationship.
People and Resources Mentioned
- Joe (Joseph) Sugarman – Copywriting legend
- Dan Kennedy – One of the world’s highest-paid copywriters
- Larry Pino – Former CEO of Dynetech Corporation
- Mobit – Specialized in SMS marketing
- InfusionSoft and MailChimp – Email marketing providers
Where to Connect With Heather
Where to listen and download
Here are some of the options you have:
Enjoy this interview with Heather and Krisz from StrengthInBusiness!