Are you familiar with the terms pop-up shop, pop-up stores or pop-up retail? What’s the strategy behind this concept, and more importantly – why are marketers and corporates so keen to test these kind of shops all over the world?
What are pop-up stores?
“Pop-up retail, also known as pop-up store (pop-up shop in the UK) or flash retailing, is a trend of opening short-term sales spaces”. [Source: Wikipedia]
Benefits of Pop-Up Stores:
- Low cost and risk: small shops that are set-up for a short period of time (temporary appearance).
- Raise brand awareness: creating a unique environment and experience while engaging customers => build up interest by consumer exposure.
- Boost seasonal sales: perfect for seasonal items such as Christmas trees and gifts, Halloween costumes and decorations etc.
- Awesome test environment: a perfect location to test new products and markets.
- Optimal shop size: great way to experiment with different-sized stores and optimize appearance.
What are your favorite pop-up stores? What can we learn from retail pop-up shops?