Do you have a structured approach when writing your blog posts? Do you have a recipe to follow? Whether you answered both questions with a firm yes, or no, there’s help on the way. Copyblogger has created an infographic that contains the key ingredients of a comprehensive blog post.
There are 11 essential ingredients to an excellent blog post. Let’s have a look at these elements…
You might consider printing out the information below as it’s a great reminder for everybody involved into blogging.
11 Key Ingredients Of A Comprehensive Blog Post
Short Recap Of The 11 Key Ingredients
1. Headline – has to be magnetic.
2. Opening paragraph – open with a bang.
3. Content – use power words; be persuasive.
4. Content – say the right things; write good sentences.
5. Content – insert killer bullet points.
6. Subheadline – improve readers experience with exquisite subheads and mini-headlines.
7. Content – include a seductive marketing story.
8. Content – use emotions as your internal cliffhangers.
9. Image – a picture is worth a thousand words. Use attention grabbing images.
10. Closing – know from the beginning where you want to take your readers. Close with style.
11. Authenticity – write like you speak. Stick to your uniqueness. Be you.
What’s your favorite element in a blog? I like headlines and subheads. Every time I decide to write about a certain marketing topic I spend a few minutes writing down several headlines. The one that resonates most with my audience I end up picking as my main headline. Than I turn the other titles from my swipe files into attention grabbing subheads.
What About You?
Which of these key ingredients do you struggle most with? Share your thoughts in the comments below, and I’ll help you out with some good resources.