New media marketing aka online marketing requires a different approach from brick and mortar businesses. This can be challenging and often times quite overwhelming. While many entrepreneurs and small business owners are conscious of the fact that marketing principles don’t change, they don’t know how to cope with the massive shifts that are taking place in regards to online marketing tactics, techniques and tools.
Let’s say you’re a dentist and you have hired an advertising agency to develop high-quality ads that drive more sales. If you hired a really good agency, you can be sure that they will do whatever it takes to:
- Improve the sales copy of the ad you’re running in the yellow pages.
- Use classified ads (free and paid) to increase traffic.
- Purchase ad space in special magazines and newspapers to target the right audience.
- Create professional direct mail campaigns to educate your prospects, turn prospects into buying customers and increase client retention.
The question is:
Do you have the necessary resources to hire the best ad agency? And more importantly, what can you do to attract more of the right customers and increase profits without wasting precious time and marketing dollars?
Online Marketing Tips to Implement Today
The following three easy to implement, powerful online marketing tips will help you deliver great products and services to keep your customers coming back for more.
1. Use surveys in newsletters. Email newsletters aren’t just about sending information and offers. They are an excellent marketing weapon to be used as a way of creating conversations and obtaining in-depth information about customers. You want to KNOW what the pain points of your customers are to be able to provide the appropriate products and services. Sending short and sweat surveys are a fantastic way to accomplish just that. Encourage replies by making it easy for customers to respond.
2. Offer online coupons. Encourage consumer spending, increase shopping frequency and customer loyalty with special coupons. You don’t have to be as big as Amazon to use this marketing weapon in a cost-effective and clever way. If you’re looking for coupon sites you might want to check out the following blog post from Mashable. The 20+ websites listed will help you find the best deals. Ready for bargain hunting?
3. Design targeted Facebook ads. Facebook ads are powerful and effective. They are one of the fastest ways to increase exposure, drive engagement and add the right prospects to your sales funnel. Use the targeting options within Facebook to do webinars, announce your new launches, promote your events and other special offers.
When you create your Facebook ads make sure you do them within the Power Editor. In order to use the Power Editor you’ll need to install Google Chrome as a browser. If you already worked with Facebook’s self-serve ad tool, you’ll love the bidding and targeting options you have within the Power Editor.
Over To You
Have you applied some of these tips to your business? Are there any other online marketing tips you would like to add to list above?