While corporates are expanding their social media teams, more and more small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) are turning to Twitter, Facebook & Co. to generate customers.
According to Twitter’s latest white paper “Small Business Customer Insights”, 36% of SMBs attracted a customer with Twitter Marketing (Year 2013). With nearly 650,000,000 users and more than half a billion tweets sent out every single day, Twitter has become a meaningful place to connect with like-minded people, find new customers and interact with companies worldwide.
Before I share with you an infographic showcasing the importance of doubling your Twitter followers, I’d like to highlight 10 top takeaways from Twitters’ latest study to give you a better understanding of how SMBs use Twitter. If you want to download the full report, hop over to the Twitter website.
How Are SMBs Using Twitter
1) 51% of SMBs use Twitter daily.
2) 57% of people have discovered a new SMB on Twitter.
3) 81% of people who follow an SMB are more likely to take an action after seeing something on Twitter than any other marketing channel — including visiting their website, getting an email, and getting direct mail.
4) 2/3 of people have retweeted a tweet from an SMB.
5) 40% of people who follow SMBs do so because they want to learn about new products.
6) 76% of people have tweeted directly to an SMB.
7) 90% of those who got a reply from an SMB felt better about the company.
8) 85% of followers feel more connected to an SMB after following them.
9) The most common reason someone tweets at an SMB is to share a positive experience they had.
10) 9 out of 10 people have engaged in a conversion with or about an SMB on Twitter.
The company WhoIsHostingThis has put together and interesting infographic that I wanted to share with you. The purpose of the whole thing is to give you some tips to increase your followers that fall within your target audience. There’s no use having followers who aren’t interested in your topic.
Why should you increase your Twitter followers?
Here are 3 reasons (BENEFITS) why you should increase the number of your followers:
1. Boost your brand awareness. Branding is crucial.
2. Drive traffic to your website, blog, or podcast for example. This can lead to new customers.
3. Engage with your target audience, answer questions and increase trust. This again can lead to more customers and sales.
How to Double Your Followers by Optimizing Your Twitter Presence
What about your Twitter presence?
How do you use Twitter? What tactic to gain more Twitter followers did you like most? I look forward to your insights in the comments below.