Running a small business is often very challenging. Economical instability, volatile markets and new marketing technologies evolving at a fast pace make it harder to thrive.
In a recent survey, Constant Contact asked 917 small business owners to compare how running a small business has changed compared to five years ago. To highlight the key points, Constant Contact decided to build an infographic and share the insights with us.
How running a small business in 2013 differs from 2008
- 59% of small business owners say it’s harder to run a business in 2013
- 72% of small business owners expect to have a higher revenue this year compared to 2012
- 84% of small business owners use more online marketing tools compared to five years ago
- 98% of small business owners use email marketing today, compared to 64% in 2008
- 87% of small business owners use social media marketing today, compared to 10% in 2008
There are three top concerns small business owners have: finding new customers, retaining existing customers and having enough time to do everything that is required to run a successful business.
Here’s a quick video introducing a free online bookkeeping solution for small business owners who want to make the most out of their valuable time.
Let’s dive deeper into the infographic provided by Constant Contact.
What’s your biggest concern when it comes to running a small business? Feel free to share in the comments field below.